Could you be suffering from asthma? If you are prone to certain types of allergy, you could be suffering from asthma. Don’t ignore the signs.
Consult a specialist immediately and get proper treatment if you often suffer from shortness of breath, any whistling sound while breathing, chest congestion, frequent cough and cold or fatigued while doing any physical activity or restless sleep.
Asthma is a health problem in which the lungs get inflamed and the swollen airway lead to obstruction in the flow of air while breathing. The condition may worsen when the symptoms are triggered due to weather conditions, stress, heightened emotions, respiratory infection, air pollution, dust, eating certain foods and certain medication. If you have a family history of asthma, you may develop the disease.
Smoking, tobacco chewing, premature birth and obesity may also lead to this life threatening disease. If your job is such that you are inhaling fumes, gases, dust or other harmful substances then also you may develop asthma. The illness can erupt due to several reasons and it should be properly diagnosed followed by a proper treatment to manage the condition well.
Meanwhile, home-made natural remedies may provide some relief whenever the symptoms aggravate.
Five natural remedies for Asthma
1. Heat half cup of mustard oil with two-three chunks of camphor for few minutes. Let it get cool. When you feel it comfortably warm, rub it on your chest and back thrice a day.
2. Crush two garlic cloves. Boil it in half a cup of milk for few minutes. Let it cool. Drink every day.
3. Put four to five drops of eucalyptus oil in a vaporiser. Switch it on. When steam starts coming out, take deep breaths and inhale the aromatic steam.
4. Mix two teaspoon of honey in three teaspoon of ginger juice. Soak two teaspoon of dried fenugreek seeds in it overnight. Consume this mixture every morning on empty stomach.
5. Soak three pieces of fig in one cup of water overnight. Eat the figs and drink its water on an empty stomach daily.
A few preventive measures are also required: